I cannot lie, I played WALKIN IN MEMPHIS all weekend long on this trip, and I’m sure you will too when you visit this historic city.
Memphis is charming and filled with history that everyone should visit. Whether you go with your family, your friend, or beau, there is something for everyone in this city. I’m going to be short and sweet and let you know all the things that I thought were great here, and all things I did in just 24 hours!
- Lorraine Hotel – Where Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated. This place was my favorite because it was really moving and gave me the chills. RIP MLK JR.
- GRACELAND! – Who could pass up seeing Elvis Presley’s house?! To save money if you are on a budget, don’t do the whole “tour” they offer. Just take your car and park it in front of his house to take a look at it and read the memorials out front. Another moving experience witnessing a legends’ stomping grounds.
- Beale Street: Take a walk down Beale street and listen to live music. Best part about it: You can drink beer while walking down the street!
- BBQ: There are so many places to grab some BBQ in Memphis, make sure you don’t miss out on this! SEE: 15 Best BBQ restaurants in Memphis.
- Pearl’s Oyster House: A Landmark an a great place to grab some of the city’s best chargrilled oysters! Locals rave about this place.
- South Main Street: Take a Stroll down South Main Street, and notice all the art, mosaics, and charming architecture this area has to offer.
- The Riverfront: Beautiful area to take a walk and see the many bridges Memphis has. One iconic bridge is even shaped like an M! Also a great spot to bring the kids with it’s small waterpark + playground!
- Midtown: This area is where some really cool bars are that the locals hang out in. We didn’t spend much time down here, but the time that we did spend was really cool to interact with some of the people who were born and raised in Memphis.