When you don’t want anything expensive, but still want to try something new and authentic – here’s some of my favorite hidden gems that often are underrated in the Mile High City.
PS: I will continue to add to this list! Share your favorites in the comments and I’ll be sure to check them out and possibly add to the list!
- Zoe-Ma-Ma: Any noodle dish here is under $15. Each dish made by this family-owned place outside of Union Station is organic, sustainably sourced, and bursting with flavor. (picture below)
- Pho 95: The best pho in Denver, please comment below if you know better or disagree. Pro-tip: Opt for the veggie broth.
- Pizzaria Locale: This place is great for a quick and easy pan-pizza pie. All the ingredients here are fresh and local, you can’t beat it. (pictured below)
- Dae-Gee’s Bibimbap: Not many people have had Bibimbap, but if you like rice, veggies, and eggs – you’ll love it. (pictured below)
- El Taco de Mexico: Cheap + authentic tacos (and burritos) in the art district on Santa Fe. Enough said.
- Maria Empanada: Empanadas fresh out the oven, all different kinds to suit your taste buds and appetite!
- Bourbon Grill: Creole barbecued meat smoked to perfection, all thrown on a platter with vegetables on the side. No fanciness, just good food. You’ll stand in line on Colfax for a reason.
Know any other places that you can share that are cheap, authentic, and delicious? Share them in the comments!